Note from Nicole
This coming Sunday…
Dear St Andrew Community,
We continue our series, “Ask Anything”, this Sunday with two questions.
Here is the first question:
1- “Is it normal to question the existence of God?”
Here is the second, which references Jesus’s words from the cross:
2- “‘Why have you forsaken me?’ How can I apply that to me and others?”
In my mind, we can merge these two questions to form this question:
“What happens when we feel God has abandoned us?”
Some may feel abandoned when prayers go unanswered (which, incidentally, was another question asked).
Others feel abandoned because of all the suffering in the world, wondering how a loving God can allow it (another question asked).
And even if you’ve never experienced this feeling of wondering whether God is present, we do know that Jesus, who lived a fully human life, experienced it on the cross. This brings me great comfort during those most challenging times. Emmanuel, which translates God with us, is indeed with us, felt or not, bidden or not, God persists. Life from death, light from darkness and faith from doubt, God persists.
See you Sunday,
GETTING TO KNOW YOU – CONTINUED VISITS WITH PASTOR NICOLE
Six months into being your new Pastor, I want to reiterate what a joy it’s been getting to know you. Visiting with you, learning about your lives and your faith journeys has helped me also to understand St. Andrew as a whole.
I’d like to keep the visits going with the hope of visiting with those I still haven’t met with one on one. I am happy to meet here at the church, in your home, on the square, or at a coffee shop. Some of you are eager to do this and others might be weary. For those who are weary, please know that I understand and trust the relationship will grow organically, in God’s time.
St. Andrew is a blessed community in so many ways, and there is not a day that goes by that I don’t give thanks to God for the opportunity to serve as your Pastor.
Feel free to email me via the church office at [email protected] to set up a time, or by calling the church office during office hours.
Grace and Peace,
WORSHIP AT ST. ANDREW ON AUGUST 29TH
In-Person Worship St. Andrew Presbyterian Church
Sunday, August 29th
9:00 am – Indoors in our Sanctuary
This service will include music, prayers, Scripture, and Rev. Nicole Trotter’s teaching. Reservations are no longer required.
St. Andrew has been, and will continue to be, in compliance with the County and State regulations regarding Covid protocols. We have these guidelines in place for everyone’s safety, in accordance with CDC and Sonoma County regulations, and approved by our Covid Taskforce and St. Andrew Session:
- All in attendance are required to wear masks indoors. The California Department of Public Health recommends that you choose a mask that fits snugly over your mouth and nose and choose a mask made with two or more layers of fabric. An N95 respirator, that you wear for poor air quality from wildfires, provides the highest level of personal protection.
- Do not attend services if you are not feeling well or are exhibiting symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, sore throat, etc.
- We will continue to have doors open to aid airflow throughout the sanctuary and hand sanitizer readily available.
- We ask that all in attendance refrain from hugging and other forms of physical interaction.
- We will reserve a section of the sanctuary for people who prefer to stay physically distanced. When seating yourself at worship services, please be respectful of those sitting in these sections and allow for proper distancing of 6-feet between parties.
- Children will continue to head directly to Sunday School or Childcare and will not join us in worship just yet since some adults will not be masked and not physically distanced. If you prefer your child to be in the sanctuary and he/she is over the age of two, please have your child wear a mask. For indoor activities children should wear a mask, but most activities will take place outdoors, weather permitting.
SUNDAY SERMON VIDEO
If you weren’t able to attend last Sunday’s service, or if you would like to watch Pastor Ricardo’s sermon again, watch this video of last Sunday’s sermon by Pastor Ricardo Bolanos, “The Deep Things of God”
SAVE THE DATE:
Join us for a Fall Kick-Off celebration following our worship service.
We’ll have opportunities to sign-up to get involved in areas such as Life Groups, Bible Studies, and Volunteering and celebrate the completion of our kitchen remodel project with a light brunch served on our patio. Please RSVP on your Communication Card this Sunday or email the church office so we have an accurate headcount.
NEW MEMBER INFORMATION CLASS
September 26th after Worship in the Conference Room
Please join Rev Nicole Trotter for a light brunch and discussion on what it means to be a member of St. Andrew, the PCUSA and the Reformed Tradition. Learn more about the history of this church and the greater Presbyterian church, theology and traditions. There’s no obligation to join by attending. Check the box on your Communication Card this Sunday or email the church office if you’d like to attend.
Please continue your giving during this time, so that St. Andrew may continue to serve our local community and our membership. We recognize that some of you have been impacted financially by economic repercussions of the COVID-19 pandemic. For those of you who can, please continue to give on a regular basis.
There are several options available:
- Give electronically to the St. Andrew General Fund
- Set up your donation to St. Andrew to be paid through your bill paying service at your personal bank.
- Mail a check to St. Andrew, or drop your envelope into our locked mail box: 16290 Arnold Drive, Sonoma, CA 95476