Note from Nicole
This coming Sunday…
Dear St. Andrew Community,
I am very excited to announce that this Sunday’s worship is brought to you by our Youth and Youth Leaders who served this week on their Caravan mission trip in North Carolina.
As your new Pastor, I’ve yet to witness a St. Andrew Caravan Sunday, but I have witnessed youth led services in other churches. They always seem to go down as most people’s favorite worship service.
Whether we’re reliving our own youth trip experiences or just enjoy hearing the experience of how God has touched our youth during the week, there are endless reasons to love being a witness to this service.
This Sunday we will also begin videotaping the sermon live in worship and then posting it on our website following worship the same morning. We know that there are a handful of people who enjoyed our pre-recorded worship services from the comfort of home. For those who can’t make it to the sanctuary we hope this will keep you connected along with other forms of communication.
Yours in Christ,
GETTING TO KNOW YOU – CONTINUED VISITS WITH PASTOR NICOLE
Five months into being your new Pastor, I want to reiterate what a joy it’s been getting to know you. Visiting with you, learning about your lives and your faith journeys has helped me also to understand St. Andrew as a whole.
I’d like to keep the visits going with the hope of visiting with those I still haven’t met with one on one. I am happy to meet here at the church, in your home, on the square, or at a coffee shop. Some of you are eager to do this and others might be weary. For those who are weary, please know that I understand and trust the relationship will grow organically, in God’s time.
St. Andrew is a blessed community in so many ways, and there is not a day that goes by that I don’t give thanks to God for the opportunity to serve as your Pastor.
Feel free to email me directly at [email protected] to set up a time, or by calling the church office during office hours.
Grace and Peace,
WORSHIP AT ST. ANDREW ON JULY 18th
In Person Worship–
St. Andrew Presbyterian Church
Sunday, July 18th
9:00 am – Indoors in our Sanctuary
This service will be brought to us by our Youth Group, who have just completed a week-long Caravan Mission Trip serving the communities in North Carolina. You won’t want to miss it! The service will include many of the traditional elements of a St. Andrew worship service and we’ll hear testimonies from the youth about their adventures.
Reservations are no longer required. It is important that you do not attend services if you are not feeling well or are exhibiting symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, sore throat, etc.
We have these guidelines in place for everyone’s safety, in accordance with CDC and Sonoma County guidelines, and approved by our Covid Taskforce and Board of Session:
- We will continue to have doors open to aid airflow throughout the sanctuary and hand sanitizer readily available.
- We ask that all in attendance refrain from hugging and other forms of physical interaction.
- In keeping with the State and County guidelines, masks will be optional for fully vaccinated people. Unvaccinated folks are required to wear a mask indoors, and previous health and safety protocols remain in place. We trust that we will all follow these guidelines using the honor system. All employees and volunteers working with children and youth will be required to wear masks.
- We will reserve a section of the sanctuary for people who prefer to stay physically distanced. When seating yourself at worship services, please be respectful of those sitting in these sections and allow for proper distancing of 6-feet between parties.
- Children will continue to head directly to Sunday School or Childcare and will not join us in worship just yet since some adults will not be masked and not physically distanced.
WHAT A GREAT NIGHT!
THANK YOU to all who were able to join us for our Popcorn Parables Food and Faith Sermon Series Potluck Dinner last Sunday evening.
We had a great time breaking bread together and enjoying fellowship time with each other. We plan to get together for another dinner this Fall – we hope everyone will join us!
Note: we are looking for a silver pie/cake server with a beaded border on the handle that was accidentally picked up last Sunday at the end of the evening. If you find this piece with your dishes, please contact the church office at [email protected] so we can return it to its owner. Thank you!
A NOTE FROM FOOD FOR THOUGHT
A SPECIAL THANK YOU FROM CHELSEA PEARSON, FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Dear Ones, Thank you to everyone who supported the St. Andrew Presbyterian Church Food Drive! Your help and generosity helped to make it a huge success. We were able to generate $463.54 in food & cash donations! A HUGE thank you to all who volunteered, donated and helped to spread the word about the event. And a very special thanks to our gracious hosts, St. Andrew Presbyterian Church, who made this event possible! These donations will go a long way in helping us feed our neighbors living with serious illness!
Please continue your giving, so that St. Andrew may continue to serve our local community and our membership. We recognize that some of you have been impacted financially by economic repercussions of the COVID-19 pandemic. For those of you who can, please continue to give on a regular basis.
There are several options available:
- Give electronically to the St. Andrew General Fund
- Set up your donation to St. Andrew to be paid through your bill paying service at your personal bank.
- Mail a check to St. Andrew, or drop your envelope into our locked mail box: 16290 Arnold Drive, Sonoma, CA 95476