Note from Nicole
Dear St. Andrew Community,
I want to take a moment to thank everyone who sent their prayers, cards and congratulations for the Installation Service on the 17th. I also want to thank all who were able to attend. I’ve been to more than a few Installation Services and this was the largest showing of support from a congregation I’ve seen. But I’m not surprised. This is just one piece of what makes St. Andrew the Church it is. You show up, in more than one way, and I’m so grateful to be your Minister of Word and Sacrament, Pastor and Teaching Elder.
I’d also like to thank my Administrative Commission including Elders Brooke Farkas, Pam Sommer, Brad Praun and Reverends Jonathan Eastman, Paul Mowry, Scott Clark and Bethany Nelson.
If you weren’t able to be there and would like to watch the video, you can do so here-
Thank you, all. Here’s to many years of growth in faith and service.
Yours in Christ,
Note from Ed Vaughn
This coming Sunday…
Ever see one? Know someone who has?
I’m not talking about Purdue winning a football game (we beat the #2 team in the nation at their house!),
I’m talking about breaking the laws of physics and nature kind. The Supernatural kind.
Do they still happen, did they EVER happen?
Is the Christian faith structured around the miracle of the resurrection?
Let’s talk about it Sunday and until then, keep your eyes open for any.
WORSHIP AT ST. ANDREW ON OCTOBER 31st
In-Person Worship St. Andrew Presbyterian Church
Sunday, October 31st
9:00 am – Indoors in our Sanctuary
This service will include music, prayers, Children’s Discovery Time, Scripture, and Ruling Elder Edward Vaughn’s teaching. Reservations are no longer required.
St. Andrew has been, and will continue to be, in compliance with the County and State regulations regarding Covid protocols. We have these guidelines in place for everyone’s safety, in accordance with CDC and Sonoma County regulations, and approved by our Covid Taskforce and St. Andrew Session:
- All in attendance are required to wear masks indoors. The California Department of Public Health recommends that you choose a mask that fits snugly over your mouth and nose and choose a mask made with two or more layers of fabric. An N95 respirator, that you wear for poor air quality from wildfires, provides the highest level of personal protection.
- Do not attend services if you are not feeling well or are exhibiting symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, sore throat, etc.
- We will continue to have doors open to aid airflow throughout the sanctuary and hand sanitizer readily available.
- We ask that all in attendance refrain from hugging and other forms of physical interaction.
- If your child joins us in the sanctuary and he/she is over the age of two, please have your child wear a mask. For indoor activities children should wear a mask, but most Sunday school activities will take place outdoors, weather permitting.
JOIN US FOR A TWO-DAY GRIEF WORKSHOP
GRIEF AND LOSS WORKSHOP
Sunday, November 7th from 11:30am-1:00pm(Informational Luncheon) and
Monday, November 8th from 6:00pm-9:00pm
This workshop will be facilitated by Rev. Nicole Trotter, Linda VanSciver (certified grief and loss counselor) and Dawne Carver. Join us as we share and explore tools for navigating through the journey of grief and loss. Please RSVP on your Communication Card this Sunday or email Dawne Carver through this link.
PLACE YOUR CHRISTMAS GREENERY ORDER!
LAST CHANCE! THE ST. ANDREW YOUTH GROUP
ANNUAL WREATH PREORDERS ENDS THIS SUNDAY!
The St. Andrew youth group will be in the Narthex this Sunday morning during Worship Services, taking orders for Christmas wreaths, garlands and centerpieces. These greens are a great gift for everyone on your gift list and will be available for pickup beginning on Sunday, December 5th! To order on-line, please follow this link. All money raised will go toward their Caravan mission trip the summer of 2022 to Logan, West Virginia. Thank you for supporting our youth group!
Please continue your giving during this time, so that St. Andrew may continue to serve our local community and our membership. We recognize that some of you have been impacted financially by economic repercussions of the COVID-19 pandemic. For those of you who can, please continue to give on a regular basis.
There are several options available:
- Give electronically to the St. Andrew General Fund
- Set up your donation to St. Andrew to be paid through your bill paying service at your personal bank.
- Mail a check to St. Andrew, or drop your envelope into our locked mail box: 16290 Arnold Drive, Sonoma, CA 95476