Discipleship Task Force
Matthew 28:18-20 (NIV)
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
The Discipleship Task Force is a group of people who love Jesus and are passionate about helping others come to know and follow of him. Members of this task force will meet once every 4-6 weeks to pray for, plan, and coordinate the discipleship opportunities here at St. Andrew. They will work with the leadership of the Discipleship Elders and the Associate Pastor. Specific skills/gifts needed are:
- People who are prayer warriors
- People gifted in administration (We really need people with this gift!)
- People interested in small group development
- People interested in Christian retreats, conferences, and concerts
- People interested in bible study and other Christian education classes
- People interested in connecting our church to social needs in the community
- A person to be the Superintendent of Wednesday Night Programs
- People to publicize our offerings on our web site and in the IT.
People who join this task force will take a retreat together once a year (for spiritual nourishment and team building) and will become a team of people who together discerns what God is wanting to do to grow our church and are willing to make it happen.
New Member’s Class
The New member’s class is the place where people move from being “friends” of St. Andrew to being members of St. Andrew. This is the place where people cross the line and declare their intention to fully participate in the mission of St. Andrew. We hope to offer the class every quarter, but need a team which includes a facilitator and friendly faces who can welcome and communicate the important information and create a sense of “family” among the participants.
This would include:
- Setting dates for new member’s class.
- Arranging for appropriate publicity.
- Constantly making sure the materials used are the best we can create.
- Set up class room and arrange for refreshments.
- Participate in the class and arrange for the special guests (staff, elders, etc.) who augment the written materials.
- Constantly evaluate how we can improve the new member class experience.
Our most precious people hang out and play in the nursery and toddler rooms. The goal is to create a safe, fun, and sanitary environment. This means our nursery angels will work with Tracy and our nursery staff to…
- Regularly clean toys and organize the rooms.
- Secure new toys and throw out or repair the broken ones.
- Use one’s imagination to make the nursery and toddler rooms the coolest places at St. Andrew.
Our most precious people play in the play area outside the toddler room.. The goal is to create a safe, fun, and sanitary environment. This means our playground angels will work with Tracy and our nursery staff to…
- Regularly clean equipment toys and arrange for repairs.
- Identify and correct unsafe conditions in the play area.
- Imagine new possibilities and develop proposals for new equipment or features in the play area.
Sunday School Teacher
Our most precious people attend Sunday School, The God Zone. The goal is to communicate the Christian message and Bible stories in age appropriate ways so that our children grow up to confess Jesus as their savior and follow him as Lord. We have three different serving opportunites with in the GOD Zone: Tribal Leaders and Workshop Leaders, and Worship Leaders.
Tribal Leaders: Provide spiritual guidance to our children. Tribal Leaders meet with children two Sundays a month and are responsible for instruction in scripture, prayer, missions, and worship.
Workshop Leaders: Teach once a month in the Workshop Zone. Teachers are able to teach in their area of giftness through one of the 8 workshops. To learn more visit the Children’s Ministry section.
Worship Leaders: Every 4th Sunday child meet in the Fellowship Hall for a child centered worship experience. If you are interested in assisting in this ministry area, singing with children, or play a musical interest we would love to have you join us!