The Mission of St. Andrew is to lead people to Jesus and participate in their becoming His fully devoted followers.
We do this through our Discipleship Strategy:
Through these various avenues, relationships are formed that will increasingly enable believers to better Sense and Serve God in their daily lives. These life-changing relationships are both the means and the ends of this model, for through them the character and priorities of Jesus are formed in the believer’s life.
- Growth Opportunities: The church equips and encourages believers to establish an intimate relationship with God and other believers. This is the ‘engine’ of this strategy.
- Authentic Relationships: Believers are equipped and encouraged to pray for and develop authentic relationships with unchurched friends.
- Share Faith: Believers are equipped and encouraged to share their Christian experience through their lifestyle and words.
- Invitation: When the time is right, believers invite their friend to worship, softball, a concert, a service project, over for dinner, etc., or to trust Jesus personally.
- Mentorship: Whenever conversion takes place the believer immediately becomes the spiritual mentor of their friend, for a period of at least six months. The mentor is responsible for praying for the new believer, going through a basic discipleship handbook with them, helping them integrate into the life of the church, guiding them to appropriate Discipleship Courses, and for encourage them to live out and share their new faith with their unchurched friends.
- Small Groups: All believers are encouraged to join an ongoing small group so they will benefit from, and contribute to, the support and nurturance of intentional Christian community.
- Service/Spiritual Gifts: All believers are assisted in Spiritual Gift discovery and are connected to appropriate ministry/service opportunities in the church and/or in the community.
- Resource Management: All believers are trained in Biblical Stewardship, learning how to break the spell of materialism by becoming tithing members of the church as well as freeing up time and talents that can be used for God’s work in Sonoma and beyond.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19